COMMAND DUTY OFFICER / ASSISTANT COMMAND DUTY OFFICER
From: COMMANDING OFFICER EL TORO BATTALION, NSCC
Subject: EL TORO COMMAND DUTY OFFICER (CDO) AND ASSISTANT COMMAND DUTY OFFICER (ACDO) RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTY ASSIGNMENTS.
1. Purpose: To establish the duties and responsibilities of El Toro Battalion
Command Duty Officer and Assistant Command Duty officer.
2. General: This instruction provides guidance for the ETB CDO/ACDO. Provides detailed instructions for the duty of CDO/ACDO. In case of emergency, the ACDO can act in place of the COO but must make the Commanding Officer aware of the emergency change of command.
3. Requirements: COO must be a NSCC Officer of the rank INST and above. ACDO must be a P02 with POLA and above. UOD will be Working Uniform unless told otherwise.
4. Responsibilities: During drill hours the CDO/ACDO is the lead person in charge of the standing watch. The CDO/ACDO must be thoroughly familiar with all NSCC personnel regulations along with NSCC and Navy uniform and grooming standards. CDO/ACDO must be familiar with all watch standings and SOP's that go along with that particular watch.
5. Duty Assignments: The CDO/ACDO will take the duties of the following:
a. Taking control of the facility keys and responsibilities as follows: 1. Making sure the perimeter gate is open and closed at the beginning and ending of drill. 2. Making sure all head facilities are accessible at any given time. 3. Make sure track and pool facilities are accessible as need be.
b. Calling Santa Ana Police Department at the beginning of drill. Ex. "This is El Toro
Battalion using the Facilities X,Y,Z at Santa Ana High School. We will be here until 0000 hours." When leaving drill. Ex. "This El Toro Battalion leaving the facilities at Santa Ana High School at 0000 hours. SAPO Phone number is as follows: 714-558-5535. This is a non-emergency line.
c. Receiving new accessions forTS Vamen and El Toro Battalion. Will be the point of contact once they arrive on to the drill location.
d. Handling all emergency medical scenarios that take place during drill hours. Call
9-1-1 for emergencies. Call parents of any minors involved.
e. Setting up all Quarter Deck and Roving Watches with accordance to ETB Quarter
Deck and Roving Security Watch SOP.
f. Making sure all cadets have proper hydration and chow for the drill day. Must use proper chain of command to complete this duty.
g. Working with the unit MAA for Gate security and campus security during drill
h. Ensure all personnel who leave during the drill hours checks out on the quarter deck before departure.
i. Makes sure there is a accurate muster of all Light Limited Duty cadets and
6. Watch Routine: The watch routine for CDO/ACDO will be as follows:
a. Normal Drill hours. The relief will relieve the watch after the conclusion of each drill day.
b. COO's and ACDO's must be present during the full drill hours and not leave the post until the conclusion of the watch.CDO's and ACDO's may not leave unless permitted by the Commanding Officer and must have a proper relief.
7. Assignment to the Watchbill: All watches will be posted 90 hours before the time of
the watch by the Watch Bill coordinator.
8. Action: All CDO's/ACDO'S will thoroughly familiarize themselves with the contents of this instructions and other pertinent instructions prior to assuming the watch