REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN THE USNSCC (13-17)
In order to join the Naval Sea Cadet Corps, one must meet the following criteria:
- Physical Examination: A medical examination similar to a high school sports physical is required for all cadet applicants of the Naval Sea Cadet Corps (NSCC) or Navy League Cadet Corps (NLCC). No one will be denied admission to the NSCC/NLCC due to a medical disability. Where a medical condition precludes full, unlimited participation, a Request for Accommodation (NSCADM 015) may be presented by the parent or guardian for review so the cadet may participate in NSCC activities to the maximum extent possible. El Toro Battalion is ADA Compliant.
Adult applicants must be in good health commensurate with their age group and be free from any ailment or condition that would prevent them from satisfactorily performing their primary duty of supervising youth. NOTE: Adults not physically qualified to perform all duties may still participate with a waiver from NHQ considering the parameters of their expected contribution to the NSCC program.
- Education: Applicants must be enrolled in school, either public or private, or a sanctioned home school program, and have a satisfactory scholastic standing. Please include a copy of the applicants most recent report card.
- Moral Character: Applicants must possess good moral character: unmarried, drug-free, and free of felony convictions.
- Parental Involvement: Parental support is needed in meeting the drill attendance requirements, transportation, personal appearance and particularly haircuts/hair styling.
1.) CADET APPLICATION PACKAGE: 2.) ADULT LEADER APPLICATION PACKAGE:
Medical Exam portion of the application MUST be completed by a physician.
All forms must be completed prior to enrollment.
Cadet Application and Agreement/Standard Release: The applicant cannot enroll if this form is not signed by a parent/guardian.
Medical Forms: Cadets will not be eligible to enroll without the completion of these forms.
In addition to the annual enrollment fee, additional costs for meals, transportation to and from training, uniform costs, and other related expenses may be applicable to the program or the unit. Enrollment fees paid by individuals who subsequently drop the NSCC program are non-refundable or transferable to another applicant.
* EFFECTIVE 1JAN18 - Initial enrollment fee is $400 for the first year & $250 for renewal.
For new recruits to El Toro Battalion
For Cadets to renew their membership.
Please Note: A cadet's registration into the program will be held and cannot be sent in to USNSCC National Headquarters (NHQ) until all payments and necessary enrollment forms are received. Please come to the office at the next drill and check with the AO to confirm enrollment has been sent in.